In early December (2013), the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of Intangible Heritage, holding its 8th session met and inscribed 11 elements on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
The Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity serves to raise awareness of intangible heritage and provide recognition to communities’ traditions and know-how that reflect their cultural diversity (unesco.org). The List does not attribute or recognize any standard of excellence or exclusivity.
The titles of the newly inscribed elements below (in order of inscription) lead to web pages with information, pictures and videos:
- Traditional craftsmanship of the Mongol Ger and its associated customs—Mongolia
- Knowledge, skills and rituals related to the annual renewal of the Q’eswachaka bridge—Peru
- Kimjang, making and sharing kimchi in the Republic of Korea
- Men’s group Colindat, Christmas-time ritual-Romania-Republic of Moldova
- Xooy, a divination ceremony among the Serer of Senegal
- Music of Terchová—Slovakia
- Feast of the Holy Forty Martyrs in Štip—Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Turkish coffee culture and tradition—Turkey
- La Parranda de San Pedro de Guarenas y Guatire—Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
- Art of Đờn ca tài tử music and song in southern Viet Nam